Sports massage is the management, manipulation and rehabilitation of soft tissues of the body including muscles, ligaments and tendons.
When applied skillfully, massage is the most efficient therapy for releasing muscle tension and restoring balance to the muscular-skeletal system.
Sports massage is becoming recognised as a skill, which aids recovery, enhances performance and helps prevent future injuries.
Further benefits include:
- Improved circulation and lymphatic flow
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste
- Sedate or stimulate nerve endings
- Increase or decrease muscle tone
- Increase or decrease muscle length
- Remodel scar tissue when required
- Assist in mental preparation for sporting participation
Many people benefit from sports massage, not only athletes. The benefits above can also help with many everyday problems that everyone experiences. With the use of an accredited practitioner our clients are ensured to receive an individually tailored, high quality massage.
For further information regarding sports massage please contact us.